I think I’m going to like the new job for as long as it lasts.
That was not a negative statement. If I’ve learned nothing since the bookkeeper position at the family furniture store, nothing short of Eternity Itself is forever.
- I have a cubie in a sea of cubies and this is good because I am not a focal point in anyone’s field of vision unless I am making a scene e.g. scratching, singing loudly, jumping up and down, shoot off fireworks, dyeing my hair neon lime, etc.
- Once I learn the details and am able to perform without much thought process, I can listen to talk radio and this is very, very good since everyone else has headphones on too.
- The cubie neighbors are friendly and helpful
- If I am having a bad hair day so are many others into the double digits.
- (Here’s the best one): The company is big enough to ensure that the rules apply to all regarding performance, vacations, etc.
This week my hours have to match the trainer’s hours which is 8:30 to 5:00 but next week I get to begin the 9:30 to 6:00 schedule. This will allow me to sleep to 7:30 or get up at 7:00 for a workout and still not lose sleep.
Yes, at my age, sleep is very important. I treasure it, I crave it, I’m a much nicer person if I don’t have to go to bed at 9pm, already worried at that point that I won’t be able to get up at 5:30 and would probably not sleep well for the worry.
One would reason that having been home without a schedule would have been relaxing. Yes, if unemployment had been an option instead of a sentence.
Therefore, for as long as this lasts, I will be a tad bit more relaxed than I have been for 5+ months, and will work more diligently than before to prepare for ………. whenever.